If you have missing teeth, you may feel self conscious about your smile–a very common problem among people who have lost teeth due to decay, illness, accidents, or age. Not to mention, missing teeth directly impacts the way your mouth functions, leaving your susceptible to health issues due to poor nutrition and bone loss.
Dentures are artificial teeth and gums which are custom made to replace teeth and surrounding tissues that have been lost or removed. Today, most dentures are made with a durable resin formula that mimics the natural appearance of gum lines and function of teeth. They are made over accurately molded impressions of your jaw and can be customized to meet your aesthetics preferences.
We offer multiple types of dentures to custom fit our patients unique needs.
Full Mouth Reconstruction
We offer the service of a full assessment and overview of your dental condition. A customized comprehensive treatment plan is then tailored to the needs of each patient. Helping to achieve and maintain your optimal dental health is our primary objective. We will review the following in your comprehensive assessment phase:
- Detailed analysis of aesthetics
- Complete prosthodontic services trusted everywhere
- Identification of major and minor problems
- Review of treatment options, including careful comparison of benefits, limitations and risks of each option
- Review of choices for dental materials and techniques
- Duration and cost of each phase of treatment and alternative options
- Details planning for maintenance and care for your prosthesis
Icon Resin Infiltration
Icon Resin Infiltration is a minimally invasive restorative treatment for post-ortho white-spot lesions (WSLs) and certain congenital hypocalcified enamel lesions (“hypo” spots). WSLs are associated with subsurface enamel porosities caused by a cyclical imbalance between demineralization and remineralization of the enamel, resulting from poor hygiene and associated plaque, bacteria and acids. With time, remineralization at the outer surface of the tooth decreases the access of calcium and other ions to deeper portions of the enamel, eventually arresting the lesion. The lesions look white because there is a scattering of light at the subsurface of the demineralized enamel. Hypo spots, or enamel bruising, are congenital enamel defects often caused by trauma or infection involving the primary teeth.
- one visit
- no needle
- no drilling
- lesions are etched – this removes the outer remineralized layer of enamel that had previously been blocking calcium and other ions from entering the tooth
- application of drying agent (ethanol)
- application of the resin infiltrant
- material soaks in for 3 minutes
- remove excess material with cotton rolls, micro-brushes & floss
- light cure the material
- material added again for 1 minute, excess removed, and cured
- finish with polishing discs or burs
- temporary blanching of gums can occur in lesions close to the gumline
The total process takes approximately 45 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on the size and brightness of the lesion
- much less invasive and less expensive than the alternatives of fillings or veneers
- can be done sooner than other cosmetic options like veneers that you have to wait until growth is complete
- Untreated hypo spots often look worse after bleaching. Hypo spots treated with Icon will whiten similarly to the natural tooth enamel
Does it work? Does it last?
Unlike whitening products, Icon resin infiltration is considered to be a long term treatment solution. Research shows stability for at least 2 years.
This is a treatment we offer to help fade the appearance of WSLs & hypo spots. We can not guarantee the spot will disappear completely, but in most cases it provides a significant cosmetic improvement in one simple, painless visit. Worse case scenario – there’s no change in appearance, but at least nothing irreversible or invasive that has been done to the tooth.